You now have your website online, your landing page is ready with your web form connected to your autoresponder. Now what do you do? You now need visitors to your new website, but how do you do this? Here are 5 helpful ideas on how to drive traffic to your site.
1. Article marketing. You need to write an article of about 300-600 words on a subject connected in some way to what you about to offer people on your website. This way when people read your article they will want to visit your site to find out more. Once you have written your article you must get it published. There are lots of ezine directory sites out there. My personal favourite is ezine articles.com which is one of the biggest. With the right keywords in your articles, you should soon see your article being listed in google for those keywords. Google loves these ezine sites as they are full of content, therefore if your article is on the site it will be picked up by google. When you are listing your article in the ezine directories you are giving a chance to promote your site in a resource box at the bottom of your article. Do not use this box to promote yourself just direct people to visit your website, that is what you want them to do after all.
2. Video marketing. This is another great way to get traffic to your site, with some people getting massive results. The basics are that you make a video upload it to a site like you tube with a link to your website underneath. But there is more to it of course, some people are not comfortable in front of the camera.
This is not a problem as you can make screen capture videos. With these videos you can show somebody how to do things like posting an article to an ezine for example. Just take them step by step with you speaking of course telling them how to go through the process. These type of videos are very popular as you are giving the viewer value and helping them with a problem they are having. There are also sites where you can make videos where you just add your pictures, text and music and you have an instant video. Animoto is one of these sites, you can make a 30 second video for free which is enough time to get your message across.
3. Forum Marketing. Another good way to get traffic to your site is to go on the forums. You have a look at the problems people are having and if you know how to help them post a reply to them. When you post a reply people will see your signature at the bottom of the reply with a link to your website.
Hopefully if you have giving them good value in your reply people will click on your link to see what else you can help them with. A warning though, don’t just post replies anywhere to get your link noticed. If you don’t know anything on a certain subject do not post as you will just be seen as a spammer and you will be ignored by others on the forum.
4. Social Media. If you have not started using social media to get traffic to your site you are missing out on a lot of potential traffic. What is social media? Facebook, twitter, you tube digg, etc.. there are hundreds of social media sites out there.
Lets take Facebook as an example, they have over 500 million members worldwide, that is a lot of potential traffic to your website. So if you haven’t already, sign up for a facebook account today. I could write a whole other article on facebook marketing (I probably will) but get on there and start adding friends and get yourself noticed. Which brings me to my final tip.
5. Personal Branding. This is what it sounds like, getting yourself seen on the internet. Always make sure you have a nice profile picture of yourself. Stick with the same photo on all the different sites and people will remember your photo and may click your link to find out more about you.
This is where having your own personal website to send people is invaluable. A who is site is a great way to tell people more about you and what you are involved in. You must have an about me page on this site, just tell people all about you, your interests, hobbies family etc… and a few more photos helps as well. People will get to know you better and trust you enough to have a look at what you are promoting. This is only a small part of personal branding but it is something you should seriously think about.
If you enjoyed this article and would be interested in driving even more traffic add your details to the form on the right to pick I my 30 Days to Massive Traffic Ebook.